The benefits of guava leaves may be due to their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Several studies of various guava leaf extracts, including guava leaf tea, have shown antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Guava leaves are known to be native to Central and South America.
In this article, you will find 10 health benefits of guava leaves.
Guava leaf nutrition
The guava leaves contains a number of health promoting nutrients. Some of the notable ones include:
Guava leaves tea health benefits
Guava leaves posses a number of health benefits including:
Guava leaves contain compounds known to regulate blood sugar levels by inhibiting the absorption of sucrose and maltose in the body.
Diarrhea is caused by a bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which is suppressed by ingesting guava leaf extract.
Use guava leaf extract to reduce stomach pain and prevent loose stools.
Guava leaf extract contains high levels of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been shown to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as breast, oral and prostate cancer.
If you want to further reduce belly fat, guava leaf extract can be a good option. Guava leaves promote weight loss by inhibiting the conversion of complex carbohydrates into sugars in the body.
The extract of crushed guava leaves can be applied on the affected area to fight acne.
Cough and colds
Guava leaf extract is rich in vitamin C and iron, so it clears mucus and relieves cough and cold.
Guava leaves also act as a respiratory disinfectant.
Boil guava leaf extract in water to cool and apply on hair to prevent hair related problems. This is because guava leaf extract has antioxidants.
Treat your sleep problems by calming your nerves and calming your mind using guava leaf extract.
As guava is rich in vitamins B6 and B3, it has the ability to improve blood circulation in the brain.
It stimulates cognitive function and helps to relax the nerves.
- Watermelon Seeds as a Natural Remedy for High Blood Pressure- Better Cardiovascular Health HubHigh blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a growing concern globally due to its association with various health complications. While there are pharmaceutical treatments..
- Meditation and Yoga for Arthritis Pain: 20 Practices to Try – Better Holistic Medicine
- Ensuring you get enough sleep is crucial for maintaining your overall health. Learn why sleep is important and how you can improve your sleep habits. – Better Holistic HealthSleep is one of the most essential aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From improving your memory and focus to regulating your mood and immune..
- Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a balanced diet and a crash diet – Better Holistic HealthWhen it comes to losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, people often turn to various diets to achieve their goals. However, there is a..
- Did you know that stress is one of the leading causes of weight gain? Learn how to manage stress and maintain a healthy weight with these tips – Better Holistic HealthStress has become a common part of our lives today, with most of us experiencing it in one form or another. Whether it’s work-related stress,..