Mango leaves are a rich source of antioxidants, including polyphenols and flavonoids. These nutrients scavenge harmful toxins and byproducts that can damage cells, leading to oxidative stress. The antioxidants in mango leaves may help protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory properties of mango leaves may help relieve pain and inflammation in the body.
Nutrients Mango Leaves
Mango leaves are a rich source of antioxidants, including vitamin C and polyphenols. They also contain phenolic acids, tannins, and flavonoids. These antioxidants may help protect against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Mango leaves also contain nutrients like vitamin A, potassium, and calcium.
One cup of mango leaves (64 grams) provides the following nutrients:
5 grams carbohydrates
0.5 gram protein
0.5 gram fat
2.7 grams fiber
8.6 milligrams vitamin A (71 percent DV)
1,023 international units vitamin A (54 percent DV)
2.8 milligrams vitamin C (38 percent DV)
54 micrograms folate (14 percent DV)
0.1 milligram riboflavin (9 percent DV)
294 milligrams potassium (8 percent DV)
trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, and zinc
Medicinal Properties of Mango Leaves
Mango leaves have many health benefits due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Some of the benefits of mango leaves include:
Mango leaves are a natural anti-inflammatory agent and can help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
Supporting heart health
The antioxidants in mango leaves can help protect the heart from free radical damage and promote healthy blood circulation.
Lowering blood sugar levels
Mango leaves can help keep blood sugar levels in check by reducing the amount of glucose that is absorbed from food.
The fiber in mango leaves helps regulate digestion and prevent constipation.
Boosting the immune system
The antioxidants in mango leaves help boost the immune system and fight off infection and disease.
Mango leaves contain anti-cancer compounds that can help reduce the risk of cancer development.
Reducing stress levels
The calming effects of mango leaves can help reduce stress levels and promote relaxation.
Mango leaves can be used to treat acne by reducing inflammation and bacteria levels on the skin.
Promoting hair growth
The antioxidants in mango leaves can help promote hair growth by strengthening hair follicles and preventing hair loss.
Supporting eye health
The antioxidants in mango leaves can protect the eyes from age-related damage and improve vision
Mango leaves have many health benefits that include reducing inflammation, alleviating fever, boosting the immune system, preventing cancer, reducing blood sugar levels, and protecting the heart.
- Watermelon Seeds as a Natural Remedy for High Blood Pressure- Better Cardiovascular Health HubHigh blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a growing concern globally due to its association with various health complications. While there are pharmaceutical treatments..
- Meditation and Yoga for Arthritis Pain: 20 Practices to Try – Better Holistic Medicine
- Ensuring you get enough sleep is crucial for maintaining your overall health. Learn why sleep is important and how you can improve your sleep habits. – Better Holistic HealthSleep is one of the most essential aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From improving your memory and focus to regulating your mood and immune..
- Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a balanced diet and a crash diet – Better Holistic HealthWhen it comes to losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, people often turn to various diets to achieve their goals. However, there is a..
- Did you know that stress is one of the leading causes of weight gain? Learn how to manage stress and maintain a healthy weight with these tips – Better Holistic HealthStress has become a common part of our lives today, with most of us experiencing it in one form or another. Whether it’s work-related stress,..