Apples are known to be rich in nutrients with beneficial medicinal properties such as treating diarrhea and constipation. In fact, there is a famous saying that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. The birthplace of apples is described as Eastern Europe and Western Asia. However, today it is cultivated in areas with a more favorable climate. Apples are fleshy fruits of various shades. From green to red. It has a sweet-sour taste.
It is rich in vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamins C, E, B1, B2, B6 and B12. Fiber is also available in the form of pectin. It also contains organic acids such as succinic acid, lactic acid and salicylic acid. When these acids are metabolized in the body, they have an alkalizing effect on both the blood and the tissues.
Also check Anybody Suffering From Osteoarthritis?
Health Benefits of Apples
Apples benefit heart health. This is due to the nutrients’ effects on cardiovascular health, including lowering bad cholesterol. Prevents narrowing of blood vessels and heart attack.
Apples are rich in boron. Good for bone health. In fact, it helps promote the absorption of calcium and magnesium. Therefore, it can increase bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
Apples are rich in antioxidants that protect healthy cells from free radical damage. We have vitamins C, E and minerals like zinc. Pectin, a fibrous component, has been claimed to help prevent colon cancer.
Apple pectin plays an important role in regulating cholesterol in the body. It actually absorbs bile salts from the intestine. This is what the body needs to make cholesterol. This prevents the formation of excess cholesterol.
Lowers high blood pressure
Apples contain very little sodium, which increases blood pressure. It also contains many minerals that help lower blood pressure by relaxing the heart blood vessels. These include calcium, magnesium and potassium.
Weight loss management
Apple plays an important role in weight loss management. This gives you a feeling of fullness, which reduces your appetite for more food. In addition, pectin fiber prevents the accumulation of cholesterol in body tissues.
Gut microbiome health
Apple pectin nourishes gut bacteria and promotes health. The abundance of organic acids also promotes the healthy growth of gut bacteria.
Apples are beneficial for gout, arthritis and rheumatism. Organic acids in apples (such as malic acid) helps those affected by neutralizing uric acid in the body.
Blood sugar regulation
Apples are very good for diabetics. The sugar it contains is fructose. This sugar does not need insulin to enter your body’s cells. Another advantage is that fibrous pectin regulates the release of sugar. This allows sugar to enter the bloodstream slowly and gradually. This will help prevent sugar spikes.
Constipation and diarrhoea
Apples are known to help with both diarrhea and constipation. Pectin acts like a sponge. Absorbs and eliminates toxins produced by bacteria. These toxins cause gastroenteritis and colitis. Two apples a day will help empty the bowels. Boiled apples are recommended for diarrhea. The cooking process softens the pulp. This will provide the required amount of bulk to faeces.
- Watermelon Seeds as a Natural Remedy for High Blood Pressure- Better Cardiovascular Health HubHigh blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a growing concern globally due to its association with various health complications. While there are pharmaceutical treatments..
- Meditation and Yoga for Arthritis Pain: 20 Practices to Try – Better Holistic Medicine
- Ensuring you get enough sleep is crucial for maintaining your overall health. Learn why sleep is important and how you can improve your sleep habits. – Better Holistic HealthSleep is one of the most essential aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From improving your memory and focus to regulating your mood and immune..
- Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a balanced diet and a crash diet – Better Holistic HealthWhen it comes to losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, people often turn to various diets to achieve their goals. However, there is a..
- Did you know that stress is one of the leading causes of weight gain? Learn how to manage stress and maintain a healthy weight with these tips – Better Holistic HealthStress has become a common part of our lives today, with most of us experiencing it in one form or another. Whether it’s work-related stress,..