Wearing copper jewelry for rheumatoid arthritis relief is a natural remedy that has been used for centuries. This treatment involves wearing either a bracelet or necklace made from copper, or even taking a supplement in the form of copper capsules. While there is no scientific proof to support the claim that wearing copper jewelry relieves pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis, some believe it helps reduce discomfort and lessen the severity of symptoms.
History of Using Copper For Arthritis Natural Relief
The use of copper to treat arthritis dates back to ancient times when people believed it could bring healing powers. Copper was worn as an amulet or charm to ward off various diseases and ailments including the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis. The Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks, and Romans all had writings indicating that copper held special healing powers. British physicians during the 18th century recommended their patients to wear rings made from copper in hopes of reducing joint pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Despite its long history of use however, there remains insufficient evidence to support the efficacy of these treatments.
Copper and it’s health benefits
Some studies have suggested that wearing copper jewelry can help improve symptoms such as joint pain; however, these findings are not conclusive. It is thought that minerals found in copper may potentially reduce inflammation or react favorably with body chemicals like hormones or enzymes which could in turn improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Copper has also been linked to boosting cardiovascular health since it increases levels of HDL (good) cholesterol while lowering levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol thus helping reduce cardiovascular risk factors associated with arthritis .
Ultimately more research needs to be done before stating definitively if wearing copper jewelry really does relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis; however, many people who suffer from this condition report feeling less discomfort when they wear them so it’s certainly worth trying as an alternative therapy option if traditional medicine isn’t providing relief. As always though, it’s best to consult with your doctor before beginning any new health regimen – even one as seemingly innocuous as wearing a piece of jewelry!
- Meditation and Yoga for Arthritis Pain: 20 Practices to Try – Better Holistic Medicine
- Ensuring you get enough sleep is crucial for maintaining your overall health. Learn why sleep is important and how you can improve your sleep habits. – Better Holistic HealthSleep is one of the most essential aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From improving your memory and focus to regulating your mood and immune … Read more
- Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a balanced diet and a crash diet – Better Holistic HealthWhen it comes to losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, people often turn to various diets to achieve their goals. However, there is a … Read more
- Did you know that stress is one of the leading causes of weight gain? Learn how to manage stress and maintain a healthy weight with these tips – Better Holistic HealthStress has become a common part of our lives today, with most of us experiencing it in one form or another. Whether it’s work-related stress, … Read more
- 5 Hydrotherapy Techniques for Arthritis Pain Relief – Better Holistic MedicineArthritis is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by joint inflammation, which can cause pain and stiffness. While there … Read more