Wearing copper jewelry for rheumatoid arthritis relief is a natural remedy that has been used for centuries. This treatment involves wearing either a bracelet or necklace made from copper, or even taking a supplement in the form of copper capsules. While there is no scientific proof to support the claim that wearing copper jewelry relieves pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis, some believe it helps reduce discomfort and lessen the severity of symptoms.
History of Using Copper For Arthritis Natural Relief
The use of copper to treat arthritis dates back to ancient times when people believed it could bring healing powers. Copper was worn as an amulet or charm to ward off various diseases and ailments including the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis. The Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks, and Romans all had writings indicating that copper held special healing powers. British physicians during the 18th century recommended their patients to wear rings made from copper in hopes of reducing joint pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Despite its long history of use however, there remains insufficient evidence to support the efficacy of these treatments.
Copper and it’s health benefits
Some studies have suggested that wearing copper jewelry can help improve symptoms such as joint pain; however, these findings are not conclusive. It is thought that minerals found in copper may potentially reduce inflammation or react favorably with body chemicals like hormones or enzymes which could in turn improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Copper has also been linked to boosting cardiovascular health since it increases levels of HDL (good) cholesterol while lowering levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol thus helping reduce cardiovascular risk factors associated with arthritis .
Ultimately more research needs to be done before stating definitively if wearing copper jewelry really does relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis; however, many people who suffer from this condition report feeling less discomfort when they wear them so it’s certainly worth trying as an alternative therapy option if traditional medicine isn’t providing relief. As always though, it’s best to consult with your doctor before beginning any new health regimen – even one as seemingly innocuous as wearing a piece of jewelry!
- 10 Oranges Health Benefits – Healingpoint AliveOranges are a type of citrus fruit that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Oranges come in many varieties, including navel […]
- Boswellia and Arthritis Natural Relief – Healingpoint AliveBoswellia, or Indian frankincense, is a tree native to India whose gum resin has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. Recent research has found […]
- Wearing Copper Jewelry For Arthritis Natural Relief – Healingpoint AliveWearing copper jewelry for rheumatoid arthritis relief is a natural remedy that has been used for centuries. This treatment involves wearing either a bracelet or necklace made from […]
- The Benefits of Lifestyle Medicine – Healingpoint AliveLifestyle medicine is the practice of using lifestyle interventions to prevent and treat disease. It is becoming increasingly important in modern healthcare because, unlike traditional medicines, it focuses […]
- Obesity and Related Disorders – Healingpoint AliveObesity and related disorders have become an increasingly pressing issue in recent years. As public health concerns continue to rise, campaigns for prevention of obesity and its related […]
Leave a Reply